The success of TOU rate reforms and transitions depends on customer adoption of these new rates and programs. GridX BOS Cloud provides support for customer engagement through a set of web services called Customer Engagement 360 Cloud, which includes the following capabilities:
- Interval Cost (iCost) – iCost provides customers with energy cost and pricing signals on an hourly basis so that customers can be mindful of the time variant rates.
- Rate Comparison – Rate Comparison evaluates the customer’s historical consumption under multiple eligible rates and compares the current costs and new rates for customers
- Best Rates – Identifies and alerts customers to their least costly rate options, based on the cost analysis under all eligible rates and options.
- Bill Comparison – Bill Comparison compares the current bill with the last month’s and last year’s bills, and identifies the factors that contribute the most to a customer’s bill changes.
- Cost Saving Analyses – Compares the customer’s current bills under new rates, and hypothetical bills that customers would have paid at previous rates. This helps customers to identify their realized cost savings after a rate switch.
- Bill-to-Date – Monitors customer energy consumption and evaluates the bill amount throughout the billing cycle to give customers a daily update on their bills.
- Bill Forecast – Provides the most up-to-date forecast of the final monthly bill amounts. Customers can set thresholds at which they want to be alerted via text or emails when their bills exceed their personalized thresholds.
GridX Customer Engagement 360 Cloud enables utilities to engage customers across all customer communication channels throughout the rate reform and transition programs. The content of the web services can be embedded in channels, such as direct mail, bill inserts, utilities’ own My Account websites, third-party energy portals integrated with the utilities’ websites, third-party websites (such as those of electric vehicle dealers, energy efficiency providers and community solar developers), interactive voice response (IVRs), as well as high-touch customer services, such as call center CSRs and key account executives. A single set of web services ensures a consistent customer experience and coordinated messaging across all touchpoints.
GridX Customer Engagement 360 Web Services are based on cost savings to make customer engagement more compelling and relevant. As new rates are introduced and existing rates are revised, the same consumption behavior may result in different costs under different rates. With time-variant rates, which may price energy consumption differently each hour, the cost of energy may vary even with the same usage level. The cost-saving-based content is more compelling to customers and enables utilities to have conversations with their customers in the language they are most familiar with – dollars and cents.
To learn more about GridX, visit www.gridx.com or contact GridX’s Director of Business Development Erin Christy at email@example.com.