In this one-hour webinar on Tuesday, March 30 at 1 p.m. (ET), the featured speakers will review the six major themes on energy consumers’ needs and wants from the forthcoming “2021 State of the Consumer” report.
This year’s themes include:
- Consumers are making the connection between smart energy and slowing climate change.
- Consumers need more education on how to assess a program or technology.
- Consumers across all segments are interested in smart energy-enabled products.
These themes were developed from an analysis of SECC’s 2020 consumer research, a paper on industry views of beneficial electrification, case studies of low-income programs and a U.S. Department of Energy report on AMI.
We encourage attendees to bring questions on the needs and wants of today’s energy consumers for the 15-minute Q&A session at the end of the presentation.
- Norma McCarthy, Customer Engagement Specialist, NB Power
- Barbara Leary, Principal, Barbara Leary Consulting
- Nathan Shannon, Deputy Director, Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative