August 3, 2021
Webinar, Time of Use, Smart Thermostats, Pilot Programs
In the final webinar in the Summertime Energy Savings series on Wednesday, August 18, we will hear from three utilities on alternative rate programs for residential customers.
First, Consumers Energy will describe its recently launched default Time of Use program and the outreach strategies, including personalized bill impact analysis, that enabled a transition focused on excellent customer experiences.
Then, Con Edison and Orange & Rockland will discuss a rate pilot called the Smart Home Rate that’s part of New York’s Reforming the Energy Vision (REV). The Smart Home Rate provides customers price signals in conjunction with a smart thermostat to help customers manage their energy bills.
The presenters will discuss the program, customer recruitment and activation of the thermostats, as well as the challenges of switching to virtual thermostat installations due to COVID-19.
- Candice Tsay, Senior Planning Analyst, Con Edison
- Debbie Sassoon, Project Specialist, Orange & Rockland
- Chelsea Wolgel, Senior Energy Analyst, ICF
- Francesca Jones, Senior Marketing Manager, ICF
- Greg Stevenson, Director of SMB Customer Products, Consumers Energy
- Scott Engstrom, VP, Corporate Strategy & Business Development, GridX