Download SECC's “2016 State of the Consumer" report. Presented as an integrated analysis of what SECC knows about smart grid consumer behavior, the report builds off of the findings of more than 5,000 consumer surveys as well as the U.S. Department of Energy’s Smart Grid Consumer Behavior Studies.
Committed to helping smart grid stakeholders develop a deeper understanding about how U.S. consumers think about and engage with grid modernization efforts, SECC has identified six key themes that together characterize today’s smart energy consumer.
- Theme 1 – Consumers are seeing the benefits of Smart Grid
- Theme 2 – In some important aspects, the consumer of today differs from the consumer of five years ago
- Theme 3 – Utilities need to show how they are acting in consumers’ best interests to increase trust
- Theme 4 – SECC’s segmentation framework provides a clear continuum of consumer engagement opportunities and approaches
- Theme 5 – Consumer and industry experience indicate a path forward for Smart Grid-enabled pricing programs
- Theme 6 – To date, nobody has figured out the secret for engaging consumers with usage data